Every foreigner I know always mention French baguette or bread …We love our bread and I am not an exception, I do eat bread every day and love to try on different bread from all over the world.
This time I will stay on a basic, the one I do twice a week for my family: Multi seeded white loaf.
MULTI SEEDED WHITE LOAF
- Preparation time: 20min
- Resting time: 2x1hour
- Cooking time: 35min
- 500g of strong white flour
- 10g of instant yeast or 25gr of fresh yeast
- 10g of salt
- 1 Table spoon of olive oil
- Around 280ml of water
- 50g of seeded mix (I personally use sunflower seeds, poppy seed, pumpkin seed or lin seeds)
- Fine semolina for dusting
How to prepare the bread dough:
1. Into a large mixing bowl place the flour (you can use a kitchen mixer for it). Make a cavity in the flour and add the yeast before covering with flour.
Tips: Never add the yeast and the salt together; the salt will stop the raising action of the yeast.
2. Once the yeast is covered, add the salt, the seeds and olive oil and ¾ of the water. Start mixing, or turning with your fingers, until you’ve got all the flour in the dough and slowly add water until you get to nice texture.
Then drizzle some olive oil on the worktop and knead the dough for 10min (same if you use the mixer, add a little bit of oil and let it run for 10min). Once the dough is soft and smooth let it rest for 1 hour (at room temperature). Cover the container with a clean tea towel.
3. After resting the dough should have double in size.
4.Take the air out of the dough by kneading the dough for 2 min. Then shape the dough as you wish, ball or bloomer shape for ex. Tactfully place the dough on to a tray previously spread with really fine semolina. Let it rest for another hour, this time place the tray into a clean plastic bag.
Set up of the Bread:
1. 10 min before the dough is ready turn on your oven to 200 and place a boll of water at the bottom of the oven.
2. Once the dough has rested for an hour, remove carefully the plastic bag, using a little spray bottle with water spray the bread generously and dust flour on top of the bread
3. Then with a sharp knife or a razor blade slit mark the bread as you wish and place the bread in the oven for 35min
Et voila … bon appetit! I love this bread with salted butter … …